Sometimes it's hard to come up with cards that a man feels comfortable with sending, well at least I know my husband often will ask me for a card to send to a client and he says....."Can you try to make it not so fru-fru"
He is going to be needing some "Thank You" cards to send out so I wanted to come up with something that was clean and simple yet classic and masculine! I think I accomplished all that I set out to do!
Totally lovin' the note card size and taking advantage of it now that Stampin' Up! has the envelopes in this size in my favorite color, Crumb Cake...I knew that this was going to be the perfect backdrop for my cards I made for John.
TIP ALERT: By now you all realize that I adore paper and use lots of it with layering etc...but I should have taken a picture to show you on a card like this...I take FULL ADVANTAGE of the Night of Navy card stock to "punch out" shapes not to "waste" the paper.....actually on this one - I used the Hexagon Punch and will use them on another card!
When you are adhering something flat like I did with this navy piece....you will never see that I "punched" out shapes! I have all sorts of containers with shapes of scraps like this...they come in super handy when you need to do a quick fill in!!!
Here you go...and I have all of the exact measurements for you as I have a feeling that this will be a card I will make again and again! Remember what I blogged about on Thursday - when you have a great layout...make sure you write it down and use it again and again changing up your sentiments and stamps!
SIMPLIFY YOUR STYLE...LESS IS BEST!
(trust me...you'll have more time and you'll be happier!!!)
- The Crumb Cake is cut for a notecard size...5" X 7" - scored at 3 1/2"
- The Night of Navy is 4 3/8" X 2 7/8"
- The next layer of Crumb Cake is 4 1/8" X 2 5/8"
- Before adhering these 2 together, I took a small piece of the Night of Navy Ribbon grosgrain ribbon and added a touch to the diagonal sides!
- The Very Vanilla is 3 3/4" X 2 1/4"
- Now to the sentiment....BINGO-BANGO! The Photopolymer stamp set, Another Thank You, is HANDS DOWN a must to purchase!
- The POP touch was lifting the Very Vanilla piece up with Stampin' Dimensionals...quick and done!
- The envelope and liner = because many of our papers have "Whisper White" in the background, I thought...nothing wrong at all with a solid color and it looks super sharp! The envelope liner framelits were the quick fix for the finale
2 TIP ALERTS to make your projects easier...
- The Stampin' Trimmer - if you do not have this....STOP EVERYTHING and click here and order one! It make life soooo easy and when you see the measurements I have given you above...this cutter goes soooo exact and it is simply the best! You will never regret it!
- Craft Scissors - I know...I know....you're having sticker shock...it's o.k., I felt the exact same way! I can remember posting something on the PALS private chat board asking if the were worth it....well....I felt like I was being bombard in a video game with replies...hands down - BUY THEM! I took the plunge and never looked back BUT....
I ONLY USE THEM FOR CUTTING RIBBON...
and they are the best...look at the side of this card...you do NOT have to tuck the ribbon underneath and it alleviates a bunch of "bulk" to your cards!
How about using a 50% off on them or better yet, get them for free with your hostess benefits! They always produces a clean cut!
Do you realize that you can have your own "cyber party" with your family and friends and are able to collect all of the benefits of a hostess! It is a great and easy thing to do....email me and I will be happy to set you up with a Hostess Code and then you can spread the word with your family and friends!
WHEW...I am glad that it is the weekend! My son is coming home this weekend to give me a hand! I am excited to see him even if it is only a brief visit!
I hope that you have enjoyed this simple and classic card!!!