I have no idea what happen with the delivery of today's post....computers - you love them and then there are other times...you scratch your head!!! Sorry for the delay...enjoy the day!!!
I told you that I had a bunch of Birthday’s coming up…and I know that St. Patrick’s Day is two weeks from today…(YIKES – can you believe how fast this calendar is rolling the year) It just seems like yesterday that we were doing Christmas Projects!!!
Hannah’s best friend Birthday is on St. Patty’s Day and I wanted to share this with you now in case you send St. Patty’s cards out! This is a super clean and simple layout and you could simply change up the sentiment!
Let’s get to it! It is Monday…it is SNOWING AGAIN…everything is closed (which means I am off work and I can PLAY WITH PAPER AND SCISSORS!!!!!)...again - I am doing the Happy Dance!
- This card is my favorite size…Note card (3 ½” X 5”) Stampin’ Up! makes the envelopes for this size…but you will need to cut the crumb cake yourself!
- As I do often…I cut a smaller size of crumb cake – ¼” smaller – 3 ¼” X 4 ¾” and then I corner rounded all of the edges!!!
TIP ALERT: When I “corner round” I LOVE to use the Envelope Punch Board to round the corners! That “built in” gem works like a charm each and every punch!
- The key element to this card is the Regal Designer Series Paper in the Garden Green Polka Dots! I punched (3) small hearts for the shamrock! Just freehand the stem!
- I used the liquid Mono Glue…( LOVE that liquid white gold)…remember – a little goes a LONG way! My famous “dots” around the shamrock and then the “white” dots from the White Gel Pen just adds interest and it is soooo darn tootin’ easy!
- Before you add the shamrock fun to the card…you need to stamp the sentiment from the Four You Stamp Set…but before you do that – you need to go over the paper with the Embossing Buddy (this seems silly to some of you …but as I have said many times before – why would you not take the step of doing this…to get a “clean, crisp impression!
- Because we are heat embossing, you need to use the Versa Mark as this allows the white embossing powder to hold…remember, when you use the heat tool….be patient – let the magic happen but do not hold the tool too close and I like to use a circular motion not to burn the paper and image!
- Because I wanted to “off set” the shamrock image, I wanted to balance the card with the White Taffeta Ribbon! I find it easiest to use glue dots to hold the ribbon in place! Adding a simple knot does it for me!
- The envelope was lined with the help of the Envelope Liner Framelits and the super cute polka dots! Simple...fun and the best part...DONE!
You are going to love the cards I have for you this week....there is one element that will be in each card everyday! Can't wait to see who is the 1st to comment on what that element is!!!
This is a busy week for me but a fun week! I always love the week that we make cards for Breast Cancer...true - it's a lot of work to put together but that is minimal to the joy that fills me heart seeing a bunch of cards ready for a volunteer to write a special note of inspiration to those in treatment!
The house glass has turned over for Sale-A-Bration...it ends March 31st! I will be sending out the paper swatched on Tuesday to those who placed an order! You to can get a Paper Swatch of the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper with an order! Click here....and have fun shopping away!
If you live on the East Coast...stay warm...be safe and craft away today!!!!